Technical Writer (Legal) / Technical Advisor / Patent Agent
HOW TO APPLY?
- Click apply below and submit your resume in PDF format.
- Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or, fill out the application on the previous page.
Our rapidly-expanding company makes plastic articles which are readily recyclable and which are pushing older, non-recyclable alternatives out of the marketplace. We need another capable technical writer to join our team in order to help us keep up with booming projects in the research, legal, and marketing departments of our company. The successful applicant will be responsible for describing research project and results, helping our counsel to obtain and enforce patents, and communicating technical subject matter to our customers. If you have strong writing skills and enjoy conveying complicated information in easy-to-understand ways, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and duties of this position will include:
- Draft clear, understandable documents which describe products and methods in the fields of plastics-manufacturing, recycling, and chemistry;
- Write reports and manuscripts which clearly summarize and explain plans for future research and results from prior research.
- Help our patent counsel to prepare patent applications and to process them within U.S. and foreign patent offices.
- Assist our legal counsel to draft technology-related portions of legal and regulatory documents.
- Work with our marketing, research, and customer-service personnel to prepare and deliver various presentations and writings.
- Occasionally assist with research, marketing, or manufacturing tasks.
The applicant should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of physical science or engineering.
- Excellent written communications skills, especially for technological subject matter.
- Good presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar software suite.
- Prior legal or patent-law experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and satisfy multiple supervisors essential.
Our job site is located in Orwigsburg, PA, a quaint town about 20 miles West of Allentown. Duties must be performed at our Orwigsburg site, at least initially; occasional remote work may be possible after training and orientation. Our company offers to employees health care and other insurance benefits and a generous 401(k) plan contribution match. Please provide one or more technical writing samples with your resume or curriculum vita.